4.02.2019

Wednesday

4 Rounds for TIME:
 15 Toe-2-Bar
 30m Lunges
 Dorm Lap

Advice from CrossFit Games Athlete & Navy SEAL 
Josh Bridges’ YouTube Channel | link: Paying the Man Ep.001

1. DON’T OVERTHINK A WORKOUT

 “It’s just a workout man, go out there and do it. If you have to put the barbell down for second then put it down and pick it right back up again. I think overthinking can get you caught up in some bad scenarios.”

2. NEVER WALK AWAY

When youtrain, and need to take a short rest during a WOD, stay where you are. Don’t turn your back towards the object you are working with. When you are ready, attack it once again.

“I never walk away. I’m never going to rest and walk away from what I’m doing. For me it’s a bit of a defeated posture. It feels like that barbell just beat me and I’m never going to let a barbell and weights beat me.”

3. LEARN TO MAKE THOSE HARD DECISIONS

Make the hard decisions a habit.

“I could do this which is easier or I could choose that way of doing things which is harder. Once you start to always choose the hard decisions over and over then it stops being a decision and starts to become a habit. Doing one more rep, going the extra mile, adding a little more weight will then become a part of you and who you are.”

“Once you start to make the hard decision every time you start to feel comfortable with the uncomfortable and enjoy what you’re doing. You also become a better athlete.”

No comments:

Post a Comment